HOME     ABOUT ME

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Week 2 Build Your Basics Challenge

Day 4: Thursday

Neutral Sweater + Long Necklace + Skinny or Straight Jeans + Riding Boots

Green is a neutral, right?
Hoops were also on the photograph
I was cooking in my brown neutral sweater and splattered some oil on it (wasn't wearing an apron...drat!) So since it was at the dry cleaners, I subbed a green sweater and a warm scarf for the long necklace (the temps had dropped!). I paired that with skinny jeans, tall socks and riding boots. I have never worn socks peaking out the top of tall boots and I liked the surprise of color these added.  

Day 5: Friday

Blouse + Long Necklace + Bootcut  Jeans + Leopard Flats

Warm and comfy!
Magic trick knot on the scarf
I still haven't found a jewel toned blouse I like so I used this sweater from my closet. Added a scarf instead of the long necklace (still cold) and rather than bootcut jeans, I wore my other pair of skinny jeans and my trusty leopard flats.

Day 6: Saturday

Chambray + Khaki Pants + Leopard Flats 


I love the chambray with white
Added a little sparkle with my necklace and earrings
This was such a comfy outfit! The khaki pants I have are a little on the tight side so I subbed these white skinny jeans. Such a simple outfit but I still felt so put together.

Day 7: Sunday

Cardigan + White Button Down + Sheath Dress + Leopard Belt + Nude Heels

With belt
Without!
The weather warmed up quite a bit so I couldn't wear a cardigan. I haven't purchased a sheath dress but I have this jersey knit swing dress that worked for this outfit. I used a little trick to keep the button down shirt from feeling bulky: I wore a camisole on TOP of it and that smoothed everything down. I tried the outfit with a belt and without and my hubby preferred it without so that's what I wore. I still haven't purchased nude heels so I wore the leopard flats again. I am getting some mileage out of those shoes!

Day 8: Monday

Neutral Sweater + Bootcut Jeans + Leopard Flats


Grey pearls with grey top
Leopard and polkadots

Today the high was going to be in the 80s so I knew I wouldn't be able to wear a sweater and long jeans. I subbed this very light cotton shirt and capri jeans. I added a blingy grey pearl necklace which really finished the outfit off!

Day 9: Tuesday

Denim Jacket + Striped Top + Khaki Pants + Leopard or Neutral Flats


Day 9

More pattern mixing!
This was such a great outfit! Rain brought some cooler temps so I was able to wear the denim jacket. I wore a short sleeved striped top though and the white skinny jeans in place of the khaki pants again with those ubiquitous leopard flats. I really need to get some cognac ones.

*****
Are you interested in joining me for the next challenge? It's the winter/holiday challenge and sign ups are open! Just go here to sign up! The list hasn't come out yet but we've been given some teasers. We'll be styling leggings and tunics, ponchos and sparkling sweaters, boot socks and boots, fur scarves and rhinestones. We recently learned that there will be 7 items that are repeated from the Fall Challenge which means more shopping in my closet for me! Won't you join me?

Today I'm linking up to the I Feel Pretty link party!
I Feel Pretty Logo

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your thoughts and I thoroughly enjoy reading each one!