HOME     ABOUT ME

Friday, February 21, 2014

Coconut Lime Muffin (THM - S)

Our family loves the muffin in a mug from the Trim Healthy Mama book! We have experimented with lots of different flavors. This is one of my favorites!

Here's how I did it:

Take the basic "MIM" recipe on page 256 of the book (page 257 explains how not to make it chocolate) and add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract, 1/2- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut, and lime zest (about a lime half). I also use about 1/2 tablespoon rather than one tablespoon of oil. I often substitute EVOO in place of the coconut oil. It's just easier to pour.

You might notice that this muffin is not in a coffee mug. I found that the Pampered Chep prep bowls are a perfect size. I prep 6 bowls at a time with the dry ingredients. Then in the morning we just have to add the wet ingredients and the special flavorings. One morning I might have a coconut lime MIM and another day I'll have pumpkin spice.

This ONE muffin holds me all morning! It's amazing! And delicious! If you follow THM, this is an S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your thoughts and I thoroughly enjoy reading each one!