HOME     ABOUT ME

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Crockpot: Asian flavored chicken

I came up with this easy yet TASTY recipe (again, no picture! sorry!) which we served over rice. Man was it good.

Place chicken pieces (I used legs) in a crockpot. Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, 2 pressed garlic cloves, grate some fresh ginger (I keep it in the freezer which also makes grating really easy), mirin. Cook on low for 7 hours, stirring a few times throughout the cooking time so that the chicken on top gets into the liquid.

Chicken will fall off the bone. You can thicken the sauce with a little cornstarch/water mixture. I didn't but it would make a nice thicker sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your thoughts and I thoroughly enjoy reading each one!