HOME     ABOUT ME

Monday, March 5, 2012

Chili powder recipe

  • I was making southwestern chili today when I realized I was out of chili powder. I had read the ingredient list before and knew I had everything I needed on hand . A quick google search landed me on the following recipe from food.com. I'm pretty sure I won't be buying premixed chili powder anymore!



  • Chili Powder


  • 2 tablespoons paprika
    teaspoons oregano
    1 ¼ teaspoons cumin
    1 ¼ teaspoons garlic powder
    1 ¼ teaspoons cayenne pepper
    ¾ teaspoon onion powder

    Mix all ingredients well.

    4 comments:

    1. Thanks Sheila. I have a recipe for Taco/Mexican seasoning that I keep in a jar and I love it much better than the packaged stuff, and no preservatives.

      I will make some of this up and do the same thing. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes! I have a taco seasoning one, one for baking powder and one for a copycat Jiffy cornbread recipe. Basic ingredients, no preservatives and one less thing to buy!

        Delete
    2. this recipe sounds fantastic Sheila! I always admire all your cooking and recipe ideas. I also want to mention, I love the profile picture you put here, you look so pretty! Hope all is well your way :) Louise

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you Louise! All around! I admire your baking abilities so the admiration is mutual! (Plus crochet...and now you are leaving so I won't get to learn from you!)

        Delete

    Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your thoughts and I thoroughly enjoy reading each one!