HOME     ABOUT ME

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Threading

I tried a new method of hair removal called threading. I had just about given up with dealing with my "moustache" as waxing left me with small welts, Nair left me with stubble, and bleaching...well it doesn't remove the hair so I had a white bush rather than a dark bush above my lip!

My sister-in-law had told me about threading. I could not even imagine how thread would remove hair but I ws willing to give it a try. I even had my eyebrows done (which I never do!) and she cleaned them up nicely! I was always afraid of waxing my brows, fearing that the technician would remove too much and make them skinny.

Threading is used in the East in countries such as India, China and the Middle East. In fact I went to an Indian salon (I had no idea such places existed!). The woman was very nice and permited my mother and me to watch another woman who was having her eyebrows threaded. (She was dressed in a lovely emerald green sari). The beautician explained that it is a very controlled way of hair removal. She can remove a line of hair or even one hair and she said it will last 3-4 weeks. From the internet I learned that it doesn't remove the top layer of skin like waxing does which explained the negative reaction I have to waxing!

You are a helper in the process. While she wields the thread you help by stretching the skin around the eyebrow or putting your tongue in your lip to stretch the skin. I'll warn you: it's not a painless process but it goes quickly and in my opinion it's well worth it! I paid $12 for lip and eyebrows. If you are tired of waxing, you might want to give it a try! If you live in Jacksonville call or email me and I'll tell you where I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your thoughts and I thoroughly enjoy reading each one!